Random Useless Facts, Funny Useless Facts, Useless Facts And Trivia
Useless Facts Page 251) A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
52) Captain Cook was the first man to set foot on all continents except Antarctica.
53) Chances are, if a cat is squeezing its eyes shut, it is either happy or experiencing pleasure.
54) Artificial Christmas trees have outsold real ones every year since 1991.
55) According to the bible, the egg came after the chicken. (Genesis 1:20-22).
56) A human cough has been known to explode from the mouth at sixty miles per hour due to the reflex mechanism.
57) Bruce Springstein's Born in the USA album was the first compact disc to be pressed in the United States.
58) As a ration in their weekly diet, kids in English hospitals during the 17th century were allowed 2 gallons of beer.
59) Betsy Ross, Jackie Onassis, JFK, and Daniel Boone have all appeared on Pez dispensers.
60) Cancer claims forty victims an hour in America.
61) Camels are born without humps.
62) Captain Kangaroo won five Emmy awards.
63) At the deepest point, an iron ball would take more than an hour to sink to the ocean floor.
64) Bananas contain a natural chemical which can make a person happy. This same chemical is also found in Prozac.
65) A polar bears skin is black. Its fur is actually clear, but like snow it appears white.
66) A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average.
67) Arabic numerals are not really Arabic; they were created in India.
68) A fingerprint is also known as a dactylogram.
69) Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
70) California consumes more bottled water than any other product.
71) A pound of houseflies contains more protein than a pound of beef.
72) A recent innovation in bandage material has been made that has significantly improved clotting ability compared to gauze bandages. These new bandages contain a mixture of ground shrimp shells and vinegar, a mixture that has been found to clot blood almost instantly. The chitosan in the shrimp shells has a positive charge, while the cells present in blood have negative charges. The negative charge of the cell is attracted to the positive charge of the chitosan. As soon as they touch, the cells fuse to the chitosan and form a clot. Bandages of this type are already in use by the US Military in Afghanistan and Iraq.
73) A flush toilet exists that dates back to 2000 BC.
74) Bulgarians are known to be the biggest yogurt eaters in the world.
75) 35 out of 100 people who take out dating personal ads are either a husband or wife already.
76) Alcohol is added to soap to make it clear.
77) A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans.
78) Caligula, the Roman emperor, officially elected his horse to a senatorial position.
79) Canada ( 9 970 610 sq km) is larger than China ( 9 596 961 sq km) which is larger than the USA (9 363 130 sq km).
80) An elephant's tooth can weigh as much as 12 pounds.
81) A quidnunc is a person who is eager to know the latest news and gossip.
82) Antarctica is the only land on our planet that is not owned by any country.
83) Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.
84) $203,000,000 is spent on barbed wire each year in the U.S.
85) 80% of 10 year old girls in the U.S. go on a diet.
86) A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
87) Apples are more efficient than caffeine in waking you up in the morning.
88) About twenty-five percent of the population sneezes when they are exposed to light.
89) Cherís last name was Sarkissian. She changed it because no one could pronounce it.
90) Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds; dogs only have about ten.
91) Bananas grow pointing upwards.
92) Barnacles on ships are not plants, but animals.
93) A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years.
94) A snail can sleep for 3 years.
95) A woman's orgasm releases strong endorphins, making it a powerful pain reliever (no more using a bad headache as an excuse not to have sex).
96) A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee.
97) Broccoli and cauliflower were derived from cabbage.
98) By the time youíre 70 you will have lost half your taste buds.
99) An Elephant has the world's largest penis, weighing about 27 kg.
100) At the Great Exhibition in 1851, the 'Crystal Palace' contained 57.7 square miles of glass.
Useless Facts Page 3
Random Useless Facts, Funny Useless Facts, Useless Facts And Trivia.