Random Useless Facts, Funny Useless Facts, Useless Facts And Trivia
Useless Facts Page 11) A dog has elbows.
2) At top speed, a dolphin can travel thirty-five miles in one hour.
3) 98% of Japanese are cremated.
4) Concrete is not as strong as a a human thigh bone. Human tooth enamel is stronger than both.
5) A recent medical development will include a small amount of nitroglycerin in the tip of a new Durex condom to stimulate erection during intercourse. The CSD500 condom contains a chemical in its teat, called glyceryl trinitrate (GTN), which is absorbed by the skin and causes blood vessels to dilate.
6) A 6 pound sea-hare can lay 40,000 eggs in a single minute.
7) A colony of moles is known as a labor, in spite of the fact that they're practically blind.
8) Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression To get fired.
9) Butte Montana has more days each year where the temperature drops below freezing (223 days) than any other city in the lower 48 states in the USA.
10) A Strawberry is not a Fruit.
11) All babies are color blind when they are born.
12) Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
13) 1 in every 4 Americans has been on TV.
14) Ants gather on sidewalks because of the heat and bounty of dropped food.
15) A zebra is naturally white with black stripes.
16) According to an old English system of time units, a moment is one and a half minutes.
17) About 500 movies are made in the US and 800 in India annually.
18) Approximately one-third of the population can't snap their fingers.
19) A jellyfish is 95 percent water.
20) 300 people report to emergency rooms across the country every day due to rollerblading accidents.
21) Coca-Cola would be green if coloring weren’t added to it.
22) A rhinoceros horn is made of compacted hair.
23) Charles Dickens kept the head of his bed aligned with the North Pole, believing the earth’s magnetic field would pass longitudinal through his body and ensure him a good night sleep.
24) Canadian researchers have found that Einstein’s brain was 15% wider than normal.
25) 1 in 5 of the world’s doctors is a Russian.
26) A woodchuck breathes only 10 times during hibernation.
27) A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
28) A Snail takes 33 hours to crawl 1 mile.
29) At one time, Australia had a population of 17,800,000 people compared to 162,774,000 sheep [9.25 : 1 ], and New Zealand had 3,400,000 people compared to 57,000,000 sheep [16.75 : 1].
30) Ants will almost never walk through baby powder.
31) About 40% of the world’s varieties of freshwater fish and more than half of the 8,600 species of birds in the world are in the Amazon River basin area.
32) 13% of Americans actually believe that some parts of the moon are made of cheese.
33) Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
34) Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
35) Chinese Bird's Nest soup has one active ingredient: saliva.
36) A crocodiles tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth.
37) Arnold Schwarzenegger began his transition from Austrian bodybuilder into an American film star when he made his screen debut in 1970 under the name Arnold Strong” in Hercules Goes Bananas.”
38) After spending hours working at a computer display, look at a blank piece of white paper. It will probably appear to be pink in color.
39) As anyone who's seen Fight Club knows, the original method of making soap was by boiling fat and mixing it with lye.
40) 98% of all murders and rapes are by a close family member or friend of the victim.
41) About 70% of all living organisms in the world are bacteria.
42) Based on a new study, the loch ness monster couldn't be any larger than a 6th grade student if it exists. Using sonar, scientists have guestimated that there's only enough fish in the lake to sustain a 67 pound creature. Nessie, a cold-blooded creature (if the beast existed), would have to consume 3 times the weight of its body per year to live.
43) A Flemish artist is responsible for one of the smallest paintings in history. It is a picture of a miller and his mill, and it was painted on to a grain of corn.
44) A giraffe's neck contains the same number of vertebrae as a human.
45) A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein.
46) Americans eat something like 24 million hotdogs every day.
47) A person suffering from polythelia has 3 nipples.
48) Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
49) Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day.
50) According to a market research survey done some time ago, 68% of consumers receiving junk mail actually open the envelopes.
Useless Facts Page 2
Random Useless Facts, Funny Useless Facts, Useless Facts And Trivia.